Parent Organization: Recreational
PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE YOU JOIN
SPRING CALLOUT INFO:
TUESDAY FEB 28, 6 or 7pm in BRNG B222
What did you do last weekend? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXrcvAciME0
Purdue Sport Parachute Club is the rescource to getting boilermakers, their friends, and their families exposed to the sport of skydiving and parachuting. As an organization of Purdue, the students of the Sport Parachute Club are committed to safety through knowledge. Our mission is to add to the skydiving community through knowledge and safety- and to have FUN!
We jump at Illinois Skydiving Center in Rantoul, IL. It is about 20 min. from University of Illinois in Urbana. Their website is at http://www.illinoisskydivingcenter.com/ .
PLEASE NOTE: The prices on their website might not reflect the actual prices you will have to pay. We try to work out deals with the dropzone owner Jeff. We can sometimes work out deals for large groups of jumpers.
Club dues are $5 and T-shirts are $10.
BEFORE you join, you must fill out our 2 sided wavier and get it to us. In order to jump you must contact the Dropzone above and schedule your skydive. Then talk to Mitch or Chris and we will
try to work out getting you out there. We try to go out there as often as we can on the weekends.
If you have any questions, first see our documents section and read through 'Frequently asked questions.pdf' and 'How to get started with the club.pdf' or feel free to contact us.
People in charge
Mitch Johnson -
- Position - President
- Jumps - 50
- Fav Memory - "On my first jump when the pilot was eating pizza the whole way up. It was the only thing scary about my skydiving carrier."
Chris Sadowski -
- Positions - Vice President, Treasurer, Saftey Officer
- Jumps - 300
- Fav Memory - "Pulling my parachute at 13,000 feet at sunset and flying through the clouds for 15 min."
- Position- Sponsorship chair
- Jumps- working toward License
- Fav Memory- Packing Mitch's parachute for the first time and watching it open above him.
Primary Advisor Name
Does the organization have a normal meeting day, time and place?
(i.e. Mondays at 6:30 pm in LWSN 1142)